Configuration Management Working Group
March 14, 2006 Meeting
Tyson's Corner Sheraton Premier
8661 Leesburg Pike
Vienna, Virginia 22182
- Suzanne Ourand and Donett Murphy
- Guest Speaker
- Ms. Donett Murphy, President of QURENT Systems, Inc. and Mr. Josh Silverman, Northrop Grumman, discussed the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) changes associated with Version 1.2, which will be officially released in August 2006. Several corporations (Northrop Grumman among them) have undergone transitions from SW-CMM to CMMI, and these transitions were also discussed. They also discussed the appraisal methods, as the changes in Version 1.2 have a direct bearing on these.
- The Capability Maturity Model(r) Integration (CMMI) process improvement approach is now widely used by Government agencies and is being applied with increasing frequency in commercial industry as well. This presentation gives an overview of its development, the issues for which it has been developed to solve, and the data for its return on investment. They will focus on the ROI data. ROI is compiled from various corporations to date, and they highlighted plans for its continued evolution to meet industry needs. The presentation includes a description of the mechanisms that CMMI uses to guide process improvement, the methodologies used for its appraisals, and the schedule for the deployment of the latest planned version.
- They provided an overview of the development, Process Areas, etc. emphasising that CM acts both as a Process Area and a Generic Practice.
- Product Demonstration
As always, we greatly appreciate the support of our vendors.
- Roger Snook, Federal Technical Sales Manager, Development Tools and the IBM/Rational team demonstrated the latest version of their IBM/Rational product suite.
Configuration Management Working Group Home Page
Configuration Management Working Group Meetings
Configuration Management Working Group Symposiums
last modified Tuesday, 6 December 2005
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes