Configuration Management Working Group
8 December 2015
ASM Research Corporate Headquarters
4050 Legato Rd., Fairfax, 22033
- General Announcements
- Bring $15 for dinner to be collected at the door (it may be less than that) or pay via PayPal to jeff @parnes.net. We can only accept cash (or Paypal). As usual, it will be a dinner you'll enjoy!
- Audience Introductions
- Looking for job (always bring resumes)
- Looking for new hires
- CM info exchange
- Product Presentation
- An overview of Chef followed with a demo of Chef on AWS cloud
- Chef, Infrastructure as Code
- Chef turns infrastructure into code. With Chef, you can automate how you build, deploy, and manage your infrastructure. Your infrastructure becomes as versionable, testable, and repeatable as application code.
- Chef server stores your recipes as well as other configuration data. The Chef client is installed on each server, virtual machine, container, or networking device you manage-we'll call these nodes. The client periodically polls Chef server latest policy and state of your network. If anything on the node is out of date, the client brings it up to date.
- Presentation in PDF and PPTX
- Our next meeting will be scheduled for November 2015.
Configuration Management Working Group Home Page
Configuration Management Working Group Meetings
Configuration Management Working Group Events
modified by Jeffrey M. Parnes